The senior Piano Emporium staff – Shane and Dave – recently attended the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) Conference. This is an incredible opportunity for us to learn more, be inspired, and get great ideas about how to serve our community better. The NAMM Show offers the latest products from more than 7,000 brands, education across multiple topics and disciplines in hundreds of sessions, as well as special events, and concerts.
More Information on NAMM
- NAMM was established in 1901
- It is a not-for-profit association that strengthens the global music, sound and event technology products industry
- Features the newest innovations in music, recording technology, sound, stage and lighting products
- Membership includes access to the latest industry news and education, opportunities for music advocacy and cost-saving programs
- All activities and programs are designed to promote music making for people of all ages and to help create a more musical world
NAMM: The Vision and Mission
We envision a world in which the joy of making music is a precious element of daily living for everyone; a world in which every child has a deep desire to learn music and a recognized right to be taught; and in which every adult is a passionate champion and defender of that right.
NAMM’s mission is to strengthen the music products industry and promote the pleasures and benefits of making music.
Favorite Moments at NAMM
Shane and Dave especially enjoyed listening to guest speakers Mitch Joel, who spoke about ‘Future Proofing the Music Industry’, and Marcus Sheridan, who spoke about ‘The Digital Consumer’.
Of course, we loved the music! Some of the concert highlights for us were:
- Yamaha All-Star Concert
- Roomful of Pianos: For 50+ Pianos
- Will Champlin
- Lloyd Spiegel
And what would a conference be without new instruments to try out (and geek out!) We were incredibly impressed with:
- Yamaha – SX Series Premium Grand Pianos
- Clavinova – CLP 695 GP Digital Grand Piano
- QRS Music – PNOmation OT
We look forward to attending another NAMM conference in the future!